So says University of Illinois at Chicago in a new study that ranks the 75 biggest cities in America on how social media savvy its government is. Open data networks, comment sections on blogs and online policy discussions were all part of the criteria factored into the study. Philly came in tied for ninth in the country with Long Beach and Sacramento. Apparently @Mayor_Nutter and company are pretty hip on the Twitter. [PR Daily]
- News: Philly Should Throw a Parade for Children Every August
- News: 5 Reasons Fall Could be Great for Politics in Philly
- News: Report: Philly 3rd in U.S. for Construction Jobs
- News: Taney Dragons Parade Is This Afternoon
- News: On Ferguson: Nutter’s Beautiful, Empty Words
- News: Four Lessons Philly Can Learn From The Simpsons
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.