So says University of Illinois at Chicago in a new study that ranks the 75 biggest cities in America on how social media savvy its government is. Open data networks, comment sections on blogs and online policy discussions were all part of the criteria factored into the study. Philly came in tied for ninth in the country with Long Beach and Sacramento. Apparently @Mayor_Nutter and company are pretty hip on the Twitter. [PR Daily]
- News: Mayor Nutter Tours France
- News: Mayor Takes Surprise Trip to Paris
- Property: The Top 5 Things Smart Philly Residents Care About
- News: The Big List of the Worst Philly Lists of 2014
- News: Hey Philly, You’ll Never Guess Who Made the “Unhappiest Cities” List
- News: City Pays $1.4 Million for Gun Permit Info Dump
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.