So says University of Illinois at Chicago in a new study that ranks the 75 biggest cities in America on how social media savvy its government is. Open data networks, comment sections on blogs and online policy discussions were all part of the criteria factored into the study. Philly came in tied for ninth in the country with Long Beach and Sacramento. Apparently @Mayor_Nutter and company are pretty hip on the Twitter. [PR Daily]
- News: City Council Sued Over Speech Rules
- G Philly: Philadelphia City Council Passes Hate Crimes Bill
- News: Mayor Slams Council Over Rejection of PGW Sale
- News: Council Calling SRC, Teachers Back to Bargaining Table
- News: Analysis: What the PGW Flop Means
- News: Councilman Wants to Outlaw Selling Your Public Parking Space
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.