The American heritage movement is still going strong, as shoppers snub imports in favor of quality stateside-made goods. Here, Philly’s top shops for the discerning patriot. Read more »
Men’s swimwear is a tricky thing to maneuver. It’s full of oddball prints and inseams that range from the crazy-long to the super-short. But somewhere in between the Speedos and cargo shorts is a happy medium. The dream suit doesn’t hug your gut or veer into male culotte territory, and it isn’t — God willing — this horrifying man thong.
We chatted with local menswear pros to get the skinny on what to look for —and what to avoid — when shopping for suits. Guys, listen up. Read more »
While shoppers flee to the Shore in droves, city-side shops amp up incentives, which makes sticking around suddenly seem like a very crafty, style-savvy move. Here, the best sales and events to check out this weekend. (Psst: Pay special attention to Egan Day — the jewelry boutique rarely offers discounts, which makes this one extra-special.) Read more »
- Emily Blunt’s stylist just spilled that celebrities can get paid up to $250,000 to wear a designer dress on the red carpet. Hell, we’d wear one for free. [Fashionista]
- More exciting Target collaboration news: Adam Lippes will be designing a 50-piece plaid-centric collection for fall. Cue cheers. [Target]
We at Shoppist have declarws our love for Lemlem’s effortlessly cool, beach-y coverups several times(see here and here). So it should come as no surprise that we’re squealing with joy over Lemlem’s home capsule collection. MyDomaine reports: “Lemlem’s 2015 collection includes 15 home pieces, bed, bath and table linens, as well as home fragrances.”
What to expect: the usual array of handwoven fabrics in sorbet- and candy-inspired hues. The collection goes live tomorrow, June 3rd. Grab yourself a julep; it doesn’t get more summer than this.
Confession: I never purchase anything online without Googling ‘[Insert store name] promo codes’ beforehand. With e-tailers constantly doling out percentages off and free gifts with purchase, it’s a five-second move that can save you a few bucks or at least the shipping fees. Now, a new shopping app for Chrome called Honey will do the legwork for you. Read more »
- No more trying on every single garment in your closet! This borrowed-from-the-boys formula will help you pick out an outfit in 60 seconds. [WhoWhatWear]
- Americans favor Kat Von D’s Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita, while Italians dig Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick in Fuchsia. These are best-selling lipsticks around the world. (Psst: Keep reading to find out France’s top shade.) [WWD]
- Here are all the red carpet looks from the CFDA Awards (basically the Academy Awards for the fashion set). [People]
Meet the new block party. It’s tricked-out, gourmet, and, dare we say, cooler than any of those pool parties your friends in the ’burbs are throwing. Here’s what you need to know, how to navigate the city’s red tape, and who to call for, well, everything. Read more »
- We all know the major skin offenders: picking at pimples, sleeping in makeup, not moisturizing. But who knew brunch was compromising your complexion? Here, 10 bad habits that are messing with your skin. [StyleList]
- Blake Lively can officially add ‘fashion designer’ to her résumé! [The Hollywood Reporter]
- …And so can Kylie and Kendall Jenner. [PopSugar]