Fans of Free People know that the bohemian brand’s sales are few and far between. So when word gets out about a 20 to 25 percent discount on full-price purchases, we feel a professional responsibility to share the good news. But here’s the catch, the sale is only going on for four hours tonight.
I think we’re all in agreement that November flew by far too quickly. Sure, Thanksgiving is still a week away, but before you know it, you’ll be trading in your turkey for tabletop Christmas trees, and foliage for festive lights. And who doesn’t love getting a head start? That’s where Terrain’s Holiday Open House comes in—and it’s just as whimsical and festive as it sounds.
- Sephora allegedly deactivated and blocked accounts of shoppers “of perceived Chinese/Asian descent based on the ill-founded and discriminatory belief that all Chinese/Asian customers abuse discount sales to enagage in bulk purchase for re-sale.” Ugh. [Fashionista]
- A study out of University of Bretagne just confirmed that men do, in fact, like heels. We knew it. [WhoWhatWear]
About a week ago, I wrote about local brand United by Blue’s Kickstarter campaign to begin production on ‘The Ultimate American Sock,’ socks that are made of bison wool. And it looks like Philadelphians got pretty psyched about the prospect of toasty toes from the down of American Bison because they annihilated United by Blue’s original goal of $15,000 with a current pledge of $41,718. And—get this—they still have 28 days left on their campaign. Congrats, gang.
Listen up, expecting mamas: Destination Maternity has relocated from its Walnut Street shop into a new 2,300-square-foot storefront in Shops at Liberty Place. To celebrate the big move, the shop is having a grand opening event this Saturday, November 22nd. And it’s totally worth checking out.
- If you find yourself double-booking holiday parties this year, you need to know these time-saving beauty tips. Surprisingly, it only takes two fail-safe beauty products to get party-ready in five minutes flat. [A Cup of Jo]
- Farfetch just launched a click-and-collect service. What it means: shoppers can buy an item from one boutique in Farfetch’s network online and pick it up in-store from another. [Fashionista]
It’s officially cold, guys—25 degrees with an icy windchill cold. If the brisk weather had you reaching for a parka (and mukluks and camp socks), let it be known that there are more stylish and strategic ways to stay toasty this season. Enter the vest, the most effortless layering piece out there. Whether you opt for the predictably cozy fur gillet or a menswear-inspired tuxedo type, the extra layer will keep your core warm, bundled and utterly stylish.
This is a Shoppist PSA; we just found the most glorious midi skirt to wear to Thanksgiving dinner. An hour ago, vintage boutique Wilbur tweeted the above mohair fringe skirt as a new addition to their Etsy shop. I mean, just look at it: an autumnal color scheme, a forgiving a-line shape, and it rings in at only $40. To celebrate this festive find, we picked out the sweater and booties we’d pair for this holiday look. Just beware: the skirt is vintage and there’s only one, so be quick! (Or, ya know, we might just buy it.)
Philly is already home to a pretty impressive import shopping scene (see: Morihata, Millésimé, Via Bellissima, Omoi Zakka Shop and Curio Philadelphia). But today, our cluster of global-centric shops gets a boost thanks to My Little Redemption, a brand-new boutique in Old City that specializes in high-end Israeli designers, and a major shopping event at South Street’s Morcoccan boutique Mushmina.
- After dry shampoo devotees started noticing thinning on their most-spritzed patches, word began to spread that dry shampoo’s oil-sucking qualities might—yikes—cause hair loss. Turns out, what you really need is an anti-dandruff shampoo. [Jezebel]
- Holiday parties are right around the corner. It’s time to zero in on that made-for-your-complexion red lipstick (that also makes your teeth look impossibly white). [Huffington Post]
- If you’re thinking of donning the whimsically chic sheer trend this season, these are the tips you need to know (like, what lingerie to wear and can anyone really pull off head-to-toe sheer?). [The Coveteur]