Vote Now: What’s the Best Philly Icon?
We asked five influential Philadelphians to pick the thing or person that best represents our city. The winner gets a Best of Philly award. And you have the final say.
For Best of Philly this year — it’s our 45th issue! — we decided to, once again, open up a handful of categories for the public to vote on. (The winners will be announced in the August issue.) When we’ve done this in the past, editors picked the nominees. But this year, we’ve tapped some of the city’s most influential Philadelphians to weigh in. And now that they’ve chosen, it’s your turn to have the final say. (PS: When you vote you’ll be entered to win two tickets to the annual Best of Philly bash in August, so vote every day!)
Nominees for the Best Philly Icon:
- The expert: Quincy Harris, from Fox 29 and 100.3
His pick: Will Smith
- The expert: Danielle DelRe, from Instagram’s RamblePHL
Her pick: The Phillie Phanatic
- The expert: Alicia Vitarelli, from 6 ABC
Her pick: Reading Terminal Market
- The expert: HughE Dillon, from Philly ChitChat
His pick: Jerry Blavat
- The expert: Marc Lesicki, from Instagram’s PhillyFocused
His pick: The Rocky statue