Weekend Roundup: Night of 1000 Fire Crotches, the Jingle Belles, TOY and Other Gay Holiday To-Dos
FRIDAY: a nod to gingers and Dolly Parton
- Don’t miss Curio Theatre’s The Matter of Frank Schaefer. It closes Saturday.
- It’s the first Friday of the month, which means The Welcoming Committee is invading another Philly bar with all kinds of queerness. This month they’re joining the First Friday shenanigans at Infusion Lounge in Old City.
- Before next week’s “Night of 100 Queens” let Bearlesque warm you up with their ode to the fire crotches among us in “Night of 1000 Gingers.”
- CUTN PASTE does the holidays the best they can with Naughty Never Nice at The Bike Stop.
SATURDAY: get into the holiday spirit with TOY and the Jingle Belles
Delaware Valley Legacy Fund (DVLF)’s eighth annual TOY gathering is happening this Saturday in Old City. DVLF’s Samantha Giusti tells me the space will be transformed into a winter wonderland as guests mingle, nibble, sip and boogie to the sounds of DJ Carl Michaels. Remember to bring one unwrapped toy that will be given to a child at CHOP.
- Have a gay ol’ time at Tavern On Camac with the Philadelphia Gryphons.
- Stand up and sing out with the Anna Crusis Women’s Choir, at First Unitarian Church.
- A handful of LGBTers are taking place in Nightcap Cabaret‘s inaugural Philly romp, “Cue the Music.” Keep your eyes peeled for the Jingle Belles.
- Vixens & Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Cabaret gets into the spirit like only they can: with lots of Season’s Pleasings.
- Get your rage on at Making Time, featuring the tunes of native Philadelphian Spank Rock.