WEEKEND ROUNDUP: Black-Tie Gay BINGO, Big Bulge Contest, Bearlesque and More
Thanks to the Bingo-Verifying Divas, there’s always a dress-to-impress element to Gay BINGO, but that never holds more true than at AIDS Fund‘s annual Black Tie Gay BINGO fundraiser. Set in the beautiful Crystal Tea Room in the Wanamaker Building, folks will dazzle in tuxes and gowns as they sip cocktails, shout “BINGO!” (if they’re lucky), and enjoy a sit-down dinner. In addition to all the revelry, there will be a silent auction that will go toward AIDS Fund‘s grant program that benefits organizations in the Philadelphia region that provide care to those living with HIV and AIDS. Saturday, April 5th, 6:30 p.m., $150, The Crystal Tea Room, 100 Penn Square East.
- Philly writer and artist Natalie Hope McDonald presents “Invented Surfaces,” a new solo art exhibit at Bluestone Fine Art Gallery.
- Philly playwright Ellie Brown’s gender-twisted Dear Diary, Bye opens at Plays and Players.
- Guerilla Queer Bar is back and taking over a straight bar in West Philadelphia.
- It’s time for Gay Meetup’s First Friday in Old City.
- Get wrapped up in Tangle Movement Arts’ Timelines, a nine-woman circus full of aerial acrobats, trapeze, fantasy and more.
- The sun is out and hibernation is over — get ready to growl at Bearlesque.
- The Factory Girls are getting in the mix at this month’s CUTN PASTE.
- PHAIR opens in Head House Market with booths full of goods made my local artisans.
- Give a warm welcome to openly gay NBA player Jason Collins, who will be coming to the Wells Fargo Center with the Nets to take on the 76ers.
- Head to Voyeur to party for the Animals, with special guest host Rose Garcia from The Real L Word
- … Or party for animals with the Liberty Kings Drag & Burlesque’s Vixens and Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Burlesque at Tabu.
- Don’t miss the furry, bulgy, booty-tastic Battle of the Bulge at the Bike Stop.
- The Penn Jersey She Devils take on the Hundred Proof Honeys in a roller derby showdown.
- Play Tetris on the Cira Centre building at Philly Tech Week’s Arcade @ The Oval
- The Attic Youth Center takes on Twitter and hook-up apps in its Philly Tech Week performance, GPS Bodies.
- BRAT AID: Hail to the Thief combines Jess Conda’s band, “On a Sunday,” dance with Birds on a Wire, and more—all hosted by the unforgettable meditation guru Teena Geist