Playdar: 5 of the All-Time Best R&B Diva Duets
Every Friday, G Philly resident DJ Patrick DeMarco mixes a roundup of tunes to kickstart your weekend.
This week, neo-soul goddess Erykah Badu and the always enigmatic Janelle Monae released “Queen,” a funky, playfully twitchy hip-hop duet that left me hungry for some of the urban collaborations from yesteryear that have since hipped and hopped out of my life. Today’s list starts with “Queen” and works its way down memory lane past not one but two Missy Elliott tracks and finishes up with a gem by Philly girl Eve that’s gonna take you waaaaaaay back. Enjoy!
1. “Queen” by Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu
2. “Make It Hot” by Nicole Wray feat. Missy Elliott
3. “I’m Legit” by Nicki Minaj feat. Ciara
4. “Fakin It” by K. Michelle feat. Missy Elliott
5. Eve/Alicia Keys-“Gangsta Lovin” by Eve feat Alicia Keys