Cook and Shaker Is Now Open in Kensington
Cook and Shaker opened yesterday at the corner of Tulip and Albert Streets in Kensington. Restaurant industry vet Laura Viegas is behind the venture. The spot will focus on serving fresh and elevated comfort food along with cocktails and craft beer.
Highlights from the menu include:
- Meatloaf Sandwich with sweet pickles, pickled red onions, cheddar mashed potatoes and BBQ glaze
- Spicy Italian Sausage with broccoli rabe and braised white beans with garlic
- Eggplant Rollatini with herb ricotta, slow-cooked tomato sauce and sautéed greens
- Buffalo Fried Brussels Sprouts with house-made bleu cheese dressing
- Tuscan Polenta Fries with roasted tomato dipping sauce
- Veggie Sandwich with mashed chickpeas, carrots, roasted peppers, breaded eggplant and sundried tomato pesto on a baguette
- Pumpkin Doughnuts
Dishes will range in price from $8 to $15.
And for everyone who has been asking where to get a hot alcoholic beverage, Viegas will be featuring warmed ciders such as Hot Cranberry Cider served with whiskey, amaretto or rum. Drinks will range in price from $8 to $10.
Cook and Shaker [Foobooz]