Year In Review: October
- We share some ghost stories from the staff at the Standard Tap.
- Trey Popp reviews a couple of cookbooks including Marc Vetri’s Rustic Italian Food.
- The Philly Flyer is anointed the official cocktail of Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia magazine names Philadelphia’s best drinks.
- The magazine also names 85 awesome places to drink.
- The Supreme Court of the United States weighed in on pizza.
- Federal Donuts created a ton of hoopla in October but it is hardly the only place in Pennsport in which to eat.
- The Senate votes down a proposal to limit french fry servings in school cafeterias.
- More people have strong opinions on burrata than we eve imagined.
- Would Marc Vetri really open a version of Osteria in a mall in New Jersey?
- Chinatown was the scene of the biggest night market yet.
- Local breweries of course brought back medals from The Great American Beer Festival.
Dish of the Month
Pizza from Pitruco
“Pitruco’s blistered, misshapen pies possess an honest sensibility that can only be described as staunchly Italian, in a very good way.” – Adam Erace, City Paper
Quote of the Month
“I said the location would be a problem. Clearly, I was wildly incorrect.” – Commenter No on Federal Donuts
Barcade, Federal Donuts, Franklin’s, Il Pittore, Lucky Old Souls Truck, Molly Malloy’s, Paramour, Pitruco Pizza, Sbraga, Trestle Inn