The Farm and Fisherman Coming this Spring
We’re quite intrigued by the Farm and Fisherman coming this Spring to the former Paul space on Pine Street. The restaurant will be owned by Joshua Lawler who has most recently been the chef de cuisine at the no-joke Blue Hill at Stone Barns in New York state.
Lawler is a Conshohocken native and is coming back to the area to open the white tablecloth BYOB with his wife Colleen. As you might guess from the name the menu will feature regional produce, meat and fish. Lawler says he’s “inspired by the interesting and unusual ingredients produced by area farmers to create food that is evocative of time and place.”
Among the highlights:
- Celery Root and Apple Soup with chestnuts and lobster knuckles
- Vegetarian Salad of Winter Fruits and Vegetables with homemade cottage cheese and greenhouse greens
- Slow Cooked Heritage Pork Jowl with shaved Brussels sprouts and smoked lady apple
- Vegan Braised Celery Hearts with rice grits, quinoa and parsley
- Grass Fed Lamb Sirloin and Neck with local Feta spread, winter spinach and orecchiette
- Cape May Lobster with Maine crabmeat, Savoy cabbage and caraway
- Marinated True Diver Scallops with grapefruit, hazelnuts and mint
- Pancetta-Crusted Farm Egg with mustard seeds, sauerkraut and puffed hominy
Opening is set for this spring as the couple is renovating the 30-seat restaurant themselves.
Farm and Fisherman [Official Site]