Year in Review: December
- Philadelphia’s beer scene loses a big force in Bruce Nichols.
- Bigos make their mark at Philadelphia Bar & Restaurant.
- Meatballs has a moment, we make a map.
- Looking for a successor to the McRib? Here’s a great sandwich.
- We put openings on the map.
- Matt Levin hosts a Four Loko dinner.
- With all the reviews in we unveil Barbuzzo’s annotated menu.
- Tony Luke opens in the Middle East.
- Craig LaBan has some gripes with Hop Angel Brauhaus.
- Foobooz is bought by Philadelphia Magazine.
- We just love the Dandelion’s logo and we’re not alone.
- Resurrection kills its award winning chicken.
- Philadelphia’s worst named bar is changing its name.
- The PLCB’s wine kiosks have been shut down for repairs.
- You give Philadelphia chefs an anonymous platform and they have heaps of dirt to dish.
- Philadelphia Magazine lists the 50 best places to eat right now.
Dish of the Month
Budino at Barbuzzo
My favorite ending is a chef’s savory-sweet delight, a chocolate budino pudding glazed with a lid of caramel with crunchy salt – at first a disorienting touch that ultimately deepens the allure. Add a glass of Malmsey Madeira, a caramel-coffee tinged with briny tang, and you’ll have a perfect match. Craig LaBan, Philadelphia Inquirer
Quote of the Month
“This innocent-sounding bowlful arrived at the table trailing an odor that can only be described as ‘uncomfortably human,’ like certain dank corners of the SEPTA concourse on a hot summer day.” – Brian Freedman, Philadelphia Weekly