Year In Review: October
We’re doing our year in review. Next up, October, 2009, a month with 25+ openings.
- Jose Garces debuted on The Next Iron Chef.
- Stephen Starr spied on tomato deliveries in preparation for Pizzeria Stella.
- Esquire names David Katz a “Breakout Chef to Watch.”
- Society of Gluttony goes pig crazy at Brauhaus Schmitz.
- Craig LaBan has us considering a roadtrip to Bethlehem with his review of Bolette.
- The Wegmans in Collegeville opens, selling great beer and a full-service restaurant.
- Trey Popp gushes over Fond.
- Teenager rates Reading Terminal vendors.
- Oscar’s really was selling fake Maker’s Mark. We consider what the proper suspension should be.
- the Percy Street BBQ team went on a Texas field Trip.
- Ha! The outdoor seating at Pat’s and Geno’s is illegal.
Dish of the Month
Lamb at Fond
Styer isolated a rope of lamb leg muscle and treated it almost like a tenderloin, cooking it medium-rare and dressing it faintly with allspice. The side of braised red cabbage was nearly port-like in its intensity, contrasting perfectly with tiny roasted Brussels sprouts. – Trey Popp, City Paper