The Year In Review – July 2007
We’ll be looking back at the year in Foobooz. Today we take a look back at July 2007.
Dish of July
Gorgonzola and fig flat bread at Chick’s Cafe & Wine Bar.
The Gorgonzola and fig flat bread was the star of the table. You just canâ€™t beat the classic pairing of fig and Gorgonzola cheese. Again, the portions were substantial, and thank goodness, because we wanted all of it.
- The first big news item of July was a blow to escargot fans, Pif closed.
- July saw the drama begin as the Reading Terminal Market tried to kick out Rick’s Steaks.
- A bar crawl in New Jersey via public transit? Ridiculous or genius? You decide.
- Silk City upset some because it wasn’t a dive anymore. But hey, good food is just that, good.
- Gridskipper picks its top six spots to watch the sun fade away in Philadelphia.
- Coquette opened in July and irked some people with its menu.
- In July we said say it ain’t so as Yards Brewing broke up.
- What made the Phillies number one? It was the local food.
- Foobooz had it first that the Monte Carlo Living Room was closing to make way for an Irish Pub with roots in Northeast Philly.