Be Well Weekend: Fishtown 5K, Hip-Hop Class, Yoga Conference
• If you see gaggles of people running through Fishtown this weekend, don’t worry—they’re part of the St. LauRUNtius 5K. In addition to the run, expect food, games, beer and music. Day-of registration begins at 9; race starts at 10.
• Get dirty at the Night Ops Mud Run in Millville, New Jersey. The nighttime run starts at 5 p.m.
• On the Main Line? Head to Ardmore for the Minding Your Mind 5K, which supports an organization that aims to decrease social stigma against people with mental illness. The race includes raffles, prizes and a yoga cool-down.
• Find some parachute pants and head to Philly Dance Fitness’s Old Skool Hip Hop Workshop. You’re welcome. $15 at the Arts Parlor.
• The World Wellness Yoga Conference takes place Sunday at the Arts Bank. Participants will practice yoga, of course, but there will also be a panel discussion on integrative health and wellness. $20 suggested donation.
• The Penn Relays gets underway next week (we’ll have a complete viewers’ guide for you Monday!), but you can kick it off on Sunday at the Penn Relays Distance Classic. Choose to run a 20K or 5K; registration starts at $25.