Well here’s a stat that took us by surprise: 53 percent of brides wish – eek – that they were proposed to differently, that is according to David’s Bridal’s 8th annual “What’s on Brides’ Minds” survey of newly engaged and married women.
Then again, maybe it isn’t all that surprising considering the bar we’ve set for those actually doing the proposing. (See: flash mobs, ambush weddings and the like.) And at least that 53 percent still said yes!
Take note, knee-takers – the top areas for improvement, according to respondents:
- 22 percent would change the location
- 20 percent wished the proposal speech were different
- 14 percent would change something about their engagement ring
- 14 percent would have preferred that different people were present for their proposal
- 10 percent wanted to alter the date of the engagement
- 3 percent would change something other than the above
So what do we think about all this, Philly brides? Spill the dirt: Did you love love your proposal? Have a friend who had a not-so-perfect one? Tell us in the comments.