If the bald eagles weren’t enough to prove that Philly is the heart of America, this big ‘ol TV ought to do it. Few things are more ‘Merica than a giant entertainment system, and this one, located at World Wide Stereo in Ardmore, is the most giant of them all. Standing at an pupil-dilating 84″ across, Samsung’s S9 Ultra HD television is limited to a 250-piece run and has tech guys all in a tizzy. But at $40,000, it ain’t cheap—not like, say, a projector, which cost around $1000 and can project a 100-inch screen on any flat service large enough for it. Samsung’s TV is, however, cool, and that goes a long way. Or, at least, that’s what they seem to be hoping.
- News: (UPDATE) Tollefson Expected to Plead Guilty
- Ticket: Story Lines We Won’t See on How to Get Away With Murder
- Ticket: WATCH: Cosby’s Bizarre Appearance on Colbert
- Ticket: Did Temple’s Cody Calafiore Win Big Brother?
- Ticket: Kevin Hart to Guest Judge on Dancing With the Stars
- G Philly: Kathy Griffin to Replace Joan Rivers on “Fashion Police”
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.