If the bald eagles weren’t enough to prove that Philly is the heart of America, this big ‘ol TV ought to do it. Few things are more ‘Merica than a giant entertainment system, and this one, located at World Wide Stereo in Ardmore, is the most giant of them all. Standing at an pupil-dilating 84″ across, Samsung’s S9 Ultra HD television is limited to a 250-piece run and has tech guys all in a tizzy. But at $40,000, it ain’t cheap—not like, say, a projector, which cost around $1000 and can project a 100-inch screen on any flat service large enough for it. Samsung’s TV is, however, cool, and that goes a long way. Or, at least, that’s what they seem to be hoping.
- Ticket: Tina Fey Teams With Chelsea Lately Comedian for New Sitcom
- News: On Ottawa Shootings, TV News Got It Wrong. Again.
- Ticket: Teresa Giudice to Serve Sentence In Orange is the New Black Prison
- G Philly: Set Your DVR: Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Concert on PBS
- News: 5 Philly Housewives We Want to See on Bravo
- Ticket: WATCH: Bradley Cooper Plays Egg Russian Roulette On The Tonight Show
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.