Good news for journalists! Billionaire Warren Buffet is bullish on newspapers. Bad news for big-city journalists! He’s mostly interested in mid-sized newspapers. So while Tribune Co. is planning on selling its portfolio of big-city newspapers—including the L.A. Times, Chicago Tribune, and Baltimore Sun—Buffet has his eye on the smallest property in the bunch. Bloomberg reports: “Warren Buffett, who told investors last week that he’s looking to buy more newspapers, has expressed interest in the Morning Call, the people said. That paper, which serves Allentown, Pennsylvania, is one of the smallest in Tribune Co.’s collection.” If that happens, expect to see a few Philly journalists make the move to Allentown: Who doesn’t want a deep pocketed billionaire owner in journalism these days?
- News: PA Supreme Court Justice Accuses Inky, Daily News of Libel
- News: Is Nancy Phillips a Problem? Or a Target?
- News: Gregory Clark’s “Science” Is Dangerous — and Wrong
- News: Inky, Daily News Fired Up About First-Ever Job Reviews
- News: The “Darth Vader of Journalism” Strikes Back
- News: Please Make Amy “Tiger Mom” Chua Stop