Good news for journalists! Billionaire Warren Buffet is bullish on newspapers. Bad news for big-city journalists! He’s mostly interested in mid-sized newspapers. So while Tribune Co. is planning on selling its portfolio of big-city newspapers—including the L.A. Times, Chicago Tribune, and Baltimore Sun—Buffet has his eye on the smallest property in the bunch. Bloomberg reports: “Warren Buffett, who told investors last week that he’s looking to buy more newspapers, has expressed interest in the Morning Call, the people said. That paper, which serves Allentown, Pennsylvania, is one of the smallest in Tribune Co.’s collection.” If that happens, expect to see a few Philly journalists make the move to Allentown: Who doesn’t want a deep pocketed billionaire owner in journalism these days?
- News: 9 Great Inga Zingers
- Property: Interview: Pulitzer Winner Inga Saffron Watches Philly Grow
- News: NYT Columnist Challenges Comcast Merger
- News: Suburban Philly Papers May Go On Sale
- News: The Best Daily Paper in Town Is the Philadelphia Daily News*
- News: Philly.com Commenters Are Still Kind of Awful