Good news for journalists! Billionaire Warren Buffet is bullish on newspapers. Bad news for big-city journalists! He’s mostly interested in mid-sized newspapers. So while Tribune Co. is planning on selling its portfolio of big-city newspapers—including the L.A. Times, Chicago Tribune, and Baltimore Sun—Buffet has his eye on the smallest property in the bunch. Bloomberg reports: “Warren Buffett, who told investors last week that he’s looking to buy more newspapers, has expressed interest in the Morning Call, the people said. That paper, which serves Allentown, Pennsylvania, is one of the smallest in Tribune Co.’s collection.” If that happens, expect to see a few Philly journalists make the move to Allentown: Who doesn’t want a deep pocketed billionaire owner in journalism these days?
- News: Wendy Ruderman Is Going to City Hall
- News: Inky, Daily News Websites Shutting Down
- News: Journalists Back Neshaminy Editors
- News: LISTEN: WIP’s Josh Innes Goes After Mike Missanelli
- News: Neshaminy School Board Member Wanted Paper Editors Prosecuted
- News: City Paper Is Looking Kinda Metro This Week
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.