For those of you who had the pleasure of not paying attention over the weekend, the Phils dropped two consecutive extra inning games to the Baltimore Orioles and announced that Freddy Galvis probably fractured his spine. The team has lost eight of its last nine games and is still without Halladay, Howard and Utley. Insert Ty Wigginton joke here. If you were wondering just how dismal the Phils offense has been, you should know that they are currently the worst situational hitting team since at least 1948. Woof. [Philly.com]
- Foobooz: Save the Date: BBQ at the Ballpark
- News: Here’s How to Fix the Philadelphia Phillies
- News: Ryan Howard’s Run With the Phillies Might Soon Be Over
- News: Olbermann Names Cliff Lee the “Worst Person in the World”
- Ticket: Philly Orchestra to Perform National Anthem at Tonight’s Phillies Game
- News: Cliff Lee Accurately Sums Up Phillies Season
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.