A lawsuit filed against the NFL in Philadelphia last August has been combined with 80 others filed nationwide in a proposed class action suit involving more than 2,000 ex-players. The suit alleges that the NFL concealed the seriousness of repetitive head injuries from the players and the public. Former Eagle Kevin Turner—who has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease—has been a vocal leader amongst the players involved in the lawsuit. [Inquirer]
- News: Delco Lawyer Suing Led Zeppelin Could Be Disbarred
- News: Philly’s 10 Best Pro Athletes on Twitter
- News: Chip Kelly Isn’t Leaving the Eagles
- News: Like It or Not, Foles Is the QB of the Future
- News: Report: Philly Paid Out $40 Million for Police Misconduct
- Birds 24/7: Eagle Outlook: Games To Watch
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.