Hoodlums, hooligans and riffraff beware: Councilman David Oh has introduced new legislation—offered by Mayor Nutter—that calls for harsher punishment of people who damage public art or memorials. It would also prohibit skateboarding on monuments. Stall, grind or ollie on a memorial or piece of public art and it could cost you up to $2,000 or 90 days in jail (no matter how ugly you think the art is).
- News: UPDATE: Mayor, Public Union Have Deal
- News: Mayor Nutter Backs Comcast Merger
- Property: Mayor Nutter Is Potential Witness In Trail
- News: Defense in Building Collapse May Want Mayor to Testify
- News: City Hall Ends Effort to Collect Lap Dance Tax
- News: Philly Is Putting On Quite a Show for the DNC Site Selectors
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.