Hoodlums, hooligans and riffraff beware: Councilman David Oh has introduced new legislation—offered by Mayor Nutter—that calls for harsher punishment of people who damage public art or memorials. It would also prohibit skateboarding on monuments. Stall, grind or ollie on a memorial or piece of public art and it could cost you up to $2,000 or 90 days in jail (no matter how ugly you think the art is).
- News: Anger Follows Cancellation of School Funding Vote
- News: Philly Police Get Raise and a Rebuke
- News: Paris? Here Are 9 Cities Mayor Nutter Should Be Visiting
- News: Mayor Nutter Tours France
- News: Mayor Takes Surprise Trip to Paris
- News: Philly Pays $1.4M for Posting Gun Permit Appeal Data Online
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.