Hoodlums, hooligans and riffraff beware: Councilman David Oh has introduced new legislation—offered by Mayor Nutter—that calls for harsher punishment of people who damage public art or memorials. It would also prohibit skateboarding on monuments. Stall, grind or ollie on a memorial or piece of public art and it could cost you up to $2,000 or 90 days in jail (no matter how ugly you think the art is).
- News: After Ferguson, Nutter Sends Video Message to Police
- News: City Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest Since 2008
- News: Franny Rizzo Not Running for Mayor
- News: Nutter, Clarke Spar Over Death of PGW Privatization Deal
- News: Nutter to Expectant Retirees: DROP Dead
- News: It’s Time To Halt Philly Horse-and-Carriage Rides
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.