Hoodlums, hooligans and riffraff beware: Councilman David Oh has introduced new legislation—offered by Mayor Nutter—that calls for harsher punishment of people who damage public art or memorials. It would also prohibit skateboarding on monuments. Stall, grind or ollie on a memorial or piece of public art and it could cost you up to $2,000 or 90 days in jail (no matter how ugly you think the art is).
- G Philly: Philadelphia City Council Passes Hate Crimes Bill
- News: Mayor Slams Council Over Rejection of PGW Sale
- News: Council Calling SRC, Teachers Back to Bargaining Table
- News: Analysis: What the PGW Flop Means
- News: Councilman Wants to Outlaw Selling Your Public Parking Space
- News: Nutter Still Wants PGW Sale Hearing
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.