Hoodlums, hooligans and riffraff beware: Councilman David Oh has introduced new legislation—offered by Mayor Nutter—that calls for harsher punishment of people who damage public art or memorials. It would also prohibit skateboarding on monuments. Stall, grind or ollie on a memorial or piece of public art and it could cost you up to $2,000 or 90 days in jail (no matter how ugly you think the art is).
- News: Can Philly Afford its Fight Against Gentrification?
- News: Mayor, Governor Headed to Vatican to Meet Pope
- News: City Budget to Include More Demolition Inspectors
- News: Mayor Nutter Won’t Be Shouted Down in Council This Year
- News: Comcast Today: Internet Essentials Gets New Life
- G Philly: PHOTOS: Philly LGBT Senior Housing Center Grand Opening