George Washington was born on February 22, 1732. So, it makes total sense that we don’t have to go to work on February 20th, 2012. We’re taking a much-needed day off from scouring the Internet for breaking news and listicles from out-of-town publications that cast Philly in a negative light. Please know that while we may not be in the office today, we are out on a mission to better ourselves and make meaningful contributions to society. Who am I kidding? We’re all watching Netflix and emailing each other links to YouTube videos of cats doing stupid and adorable things—which is exactly what America’s forefathers would have wanted. Happy Presidents Day, everybody.
- News: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Dr. Walter P. Lomax Jr.
- Ticket: A Museum on Wheels
- News: 10 Things You Should Know America Slaveholding Third President
- News: Philly’s Octavius Catto: Hero of America’s First Civil Rights Movement
- News: End Black History Month Now
- News: The First Known Ransom Note Was Written in Philly
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.