Christopher Akers—a Philadelphia School District aide—expects to be fired for work he completed while Arlene Ackerman was the district superintendent. Akers created an iPhone game that features Ackerman as a super hero and did some other work on projects for Ackerman that the PSD considers to be “theft of time.” Akers maintains he was just doing what was asked of him by his boss. [Inquirer]
- News: ThinkFest Snapshot: Ali Velshi
- News: ThinkFest Snapshot: Helen Gym
- News: Photo Exhibit Documents Last Days of Philly Schools
- News: City Hall Will Attempt to Collect School Tax
- News: Fergie to Stage The Band’s Last Waltz at Troc to Benefit Schools
- News: Schoolmageddon: Should the SRC Have Taxing Power?