Christopher Akers—a Philadelphia School District aide—expects to be fired for work he completed while Arlene Ackerman was the district superintendent. Akers created an iPhone game that features Ackerman as a super hero and did some other work on projects for Ackerman that the PSD considers to be “theft of time.” Akers maintains he was just doing what was asked of him by his boss. [Inquirer]
- News: The PFT Fails Philly’s Students and Teachers
- News: Philly Principals Are Hungry for Money
- Articles: Helen Gym and Bill Green Try to Find Common Ground (or Not) on Education in Philadelphia
- News: Court Won’t Let SRC Change Teachers’ Contract Yet
- News: 23 Best Signs From the Philadelphia Teachers’ Protest
- News: Commonwealth Foundation to Demonstrate at PFT Protest
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.