Christopher Akers—a Philadelphia School District aide—expects to be fired for work he completed while Arlene Ackerman was the district superintendent. Akers created an iPhone game that features Ackerman as a super hero and did some other work on projects for Ackerman that the PSD considers to be “theft of time.” Akers maintains he was just doing what was asked of him by his boss. [Inquirer]
- News: Philly School District Makes Ominous Announcement
- News: Embattled Corbett Education Advisor Resigns
- News: Even Pittsburgh Is Pleading for Philly Schools Now
- News: How Philly Families Will Pay for Harrisburg’s Sins
- News: UPDATE: Cigarette Tax Vote Canceled
- News: School District Publishes List of Employee Salaries
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.