Out-of-town breweries coming to Philadelphia for a week’s worth of events sure seems to be a thing. Starting tonight and running through next weekend, Brooklyn’s Sixpoint is hosting a series of events. #GettingWarmer is Sixpoint’s celebration of its new winter seasonal, Global Warmer. The beer is described as an imperial red ale with toasted malts and “dynamic hop character.” Global Warmer weighs in at 7% alcohol by volume.
The kickoff event is at Lucky’s Last Chance in Manayunk. In addition to the winter seasonal, five other Sixpoint beers will be pouring and flights will be available.
Events continue throughout the week, culminating in the fourth annual Sixpoint Lounge at City Tap House on Saturday, November 23rd. The Sixpoint Lounge features sixteen beers and a custom playlist sourced via Sixpoint's Facebook fans.
More details can be found by following local Sixpoint rep, "Jersey" Dan Bisogno on Twitter.
- 11/12 Flight Night @ Lucky's Last Chance (Manayunk, Global Warmer Philly Debut)
- 11/13 Brew & Chew @ Cavanaugh's (Rittenhouse Sq.)
- 11/15 Brewery Of The Month Tap Takeover @ Issac's Downtown (Lancaster, PA)
- 11/16 Craft Beer & Whiskey Festival @ Kildare's (Manayunk)
- 11/20 Firkin (+1) Wednesday @ Standard Tap (Northern Liberties)
- 11/21 Brewery Showcase @ Varga Bar (Washington Sq. West)
- 11/23 4th Annual Sixpoint Lounge @ City Tap House (University City)
Sixpoint Brewery [Official Site]