It’s pretty amazing that in a town where restaurant news travels at supersonic speeds, this little tidbit could have sat for so long. A thread that began yesterday on Chowhound reveals that the libel lawsuit between Chops owner Alex Plotkin and Inquirer restaurant critic Craig LaBan — the lawsuit that centered on LaBan’s review of the Bala Cynwyd steakhouse and that was chronicled in Philly Mag by Steve Volk in 2007 — was settled… way back at the beginning of April. Unsurprisingly, both LaBan and Plotkin have the same thing to say about this: “No comment”. We’re hearing that a lot lately.
- Foobooz: Cresheim Valley Grain Exchange Reviewed
- News: Complaint: SRC Violated Pennsylvania Sunshine Act
- News: Suit: CBS3 Anchor Chris May Screwed Up Big Time
- Foobooz: One Bell For The Gaslight
- News: Main Line Golf Club Hit With Messy Sexual Harassment Suit
- News: Six Districts (But Not Philly) File Big School Funding Lawsuit
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.