* The Nick Foles show continued. The Eagles rookie quarterback threw an interception on the offense’s first drive, but proceeded to go 12-for-19 for 146 yards and two touchdowns. The first was to Brent Celek. Foles had all day, showed good patience and found the tight end for the 7-yard score. He squeezed the second pass into a tight window, finding Dion Lewis in the end zone from 2 yards out.
* The interception was a bomb to DeSean Jackson. The Browns had two defenders in the area, and Joe Haden came down with the pick.
* Nice first half for rookie wide receiver Damaris Johnson. He had two catches for 58 yards and hauled in a 45-yard throw from Foles, beating Sheldon Brown on the play. Johnson had what was initially ruled a 23-yard touchdown, but he couldn’t get both feet in bounds. Great effort though. As a punt returner, Johnson bobbled his first attempt, but came back with a nice 30-yard return later in the half.
* King Dunlap started the game at left tackle, but was replaced by Demetress Bell on the second series. I’ll have to re-watch, but Bell was beat on one early run play that resulted in a loss by LeSean McCoy.
* All of the starters except for Foles were out of the game before the first quarter was over. The second-team offensive line was Bell, Julian Vandervelde, Steve Vallos, Dallas Reynolds and Dennis Kelly. Kelly started the game for Todd Herremans at right tackle.
* Foles took a crushing blow from former Eagle Juqua Parker, who slammed him to the ground. But he got right back up.
* Alex Henery missed a 41-yard field goal. Both punters looked good. Chas Henry got a chance to punt first, ahead of Mat McBriar.
* Trent Edwards went 14-for-17 for 127 yards and a touchdown in the second half.
* Chris Polk had six carries for 39 yards, including a 20-yard scamper.
* The first-team defense got off to a shaky start, giving up 25+ yards on two of the first three plays. Nnamdi Asomugha had good coverage, but was beat on a 28-yard completion in the first.
* The defense had four sacks. Brandon Graham had 1.5; Darryl Tapp had 1; Derek Landri had 1; and Phillip Hunt had 0.5. Tapp beat highly-regarded left tackle Joe Thomas on his and stripped Brandon Weeden, forcing a turnover.
* The first-team defensive line was Cullen Jenkins, Fletcher Cox, Landri and Trent Cole. The second team was Hunt, Cedric Thornton, Antonio Dixon and Tapp.
* Joselio Hanson started the game as the nickel corner before Brandon Boykin came in. Boykin gave up a third-and-long completion to Jordan Norwood, but also broke up a pass on third down later in the half.
* Keenan Clayton, who is squarely on the roster bubble, blocked a punt in the first.
* Ryan Rau, who was the backup middle linebacker with Casey Matthews injured, forced a fumble that led to an Eagles touchdown. Jamar Chaney and Brian Rolle were the other two second-team linebackers. Chaney and Rolle stayed on the field in nickel.
* Jaiquawn Jarrett and Phillip Thomas were the second-team safeties with Oshiomogho Atogwe and Tom Nelson injured.
* Graham and Hunt sandwiched Colt McCoy in the second quarter. Graham was at right defensive end and Hunt at left defensive end.
* Nice penetration by Landri early, leading to a Cole tackle for loss. Landri also forced a Weeden fumble, which Cole recovered.
* Rolle was called for offsides twice on the first drive.
* Cliff Harris had a second-half interception.
Follow Sheil Kapadia on Twitter and e-mail him at email@example.com.