Inside the Sexy Pennsylvania 6
Pennsylvania 6 (PE6) is getting ready to open at 114 South 12th Street on Thursday, April 25th. The American kitchen and bar is being opened by the same team behind Public House, City Tap House and Field House. PE6 is definitely their most ambitious food project to date. Chef Marc Plessis who was chef de cuisine of Nineteen (XIX) when the restaurant received three bells from Craig LaBan is in charge of the kitchen. Plessis was born in France and moved to the US at a young age and attended the New England Culinary Institute. He has also cooked in New Orleans, Atlanta and Chicageo.
Plessis is known for his work with fish and will offer several crudo selections. Other menu highlights will include:
- Roasted Bone Marrow, with garlic-herb crust and red onion jam
- a “luge” option includes two ounces of Woodford Reserve to drink as it is poured down the hollowed bone (we highly recommend a bib)
- Duck Lyonnaise Salad, with braised duck leg, baby Yukon potato, frisee, poached egg and sherry Dijon vinaigrette
- Lobster Roll with celery, green onion and mayonnaise on a buttered roll, served with duck fat fries
- Pan-Seared Dorade, with artichoke barigoule, saffron and tomato compote
- Menu items range from $7 to $25.
The former Tweed has been revamped in striking red banquettes, dark wood accents and a 1940s vibe. The two-floor space features a first floor bar and upstairs dining room. A third floor room will be available for private events.
The bar will offer a selection of handmade cocktails and seven draft beers. Cocktails and beers will range from $5 to $15.
Pennsylvania 6 Hours
Open seven days a week for dinner.
Lunch and weekend brunch will be added.