Surprise, everyone! Social media may be making us miserable, at least according to a study from the University of Edinburgh Business School, which found that the more Facebook friends a person has, the more stressed and anxious they are. Basically, that’s because as our social circles intermingle online, aspects of our personalities that we hide from or reveal to different groups become more apparent. In other words, our Grandmas and bosses can see us slugging 40s and hitting the club nowadays, and we don’t like that too much. Privacy settings (and tact), however, exist for a reason. [HuffPo]
- News: WATCH: Is This the Coolest Moment From the Puerto Rican Day Parade?
- News: Need a Cuddle Buddy?
- News: Jersey May Mandate Cell Phone “Kill Switch”
- News: Report: Suspects in Gay Bashing Will Meet Police Today
- News: Could Comcast Merger Result in Better Netflix Service?
- News: Apple (Yawn) Launched New Stuff Yesterday
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.