A boss partner at First Round Capital, Penn alum Josh Kopelman, has announced the start of Dorm Room Fund in Philly. The student run investment fund will help students or recent graduates of Philly’s universities get their start-ups off the ground. Kopelman co-founded Infonautics in 1991 while he was still a Junior at Penn. First Round Capital will contribute $500,000 to Dorm Room Fund in the hopes that Philly’s college entrepreneurs make it big. [Inquirer]
- G Philly: Penn Adopts ‘Preferred Name Initiative’ for Trans Students
- Property: What Becomes of an Empty Frat House?
- News: Drexel: Your Favorite College Football Player Is Worth $178,000
- News: Temple: Eagles Want Big Rent Increase at Linc
- News: PHOTOS: Penn Students Protest Spring Fling Crackdown
- News: Penn: Undercover Cops Will Bust Parties This Weekend