A boss partner at First Round Capital, Penn alum Josh Kopelman, has announced the start of Dorm Room Fund in Philly. The student run investment fund will help students or recent graduates of Philly’s universities get their start-ups off the ground. Kopelman co-founded Infonautics in 1991 while he was still a Junior at Penn. First Round Capital will contribute $500,000 to Dorm Room Fund in the hopes that Philly’s college entrepreneurs make it big. [Inquirer]
- News: Temple to Make SAT Scores Optional for Admission
- News: HUP Named Top Hospital in Philly Area
- News: Swarthmore Apps Drop Due to Extra 500-Word Essay
- News: Penn Gets DoD Grant to Heal Brain Injuries
- News: Ex-Penn Recreation Director Charged with Theft
- Property: MSC Brokers Major “Lifestyle Store” Deal
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.