A boss partner at First Round Capital, Penn alum Josh Kopelman, has announced the start of Dorm Room Fund in Philly. The student run investment fund will help students or recent graduates of Philly’s universities get their start-ups off the ground. Kopelman co-founded Infonautics in 1991 while he was still a Junior at Penn. First Round Capital will contribute $500,000 to Dorm Room Fund in the hopes that Philly’s college entrepreneurs make it big. [Inquirer]
- News: Drexel Renames Law School After Thomas R. Kline
- News: Penn Prof Named a MacArthur “Genius“
- News: Playboy: Penn Is America’s No. 1 Party School
- News: Temple Student Charged in Israel-Palestine Confrontation
- News: Penn Named No. 1 College in the Country
- Property: Penn Building Named One of World’s Best
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.