New Census data indicates that Camden is the most impoverished city in America. Reading had previously held the title of America’s Poorest City, but came in at sixth on the new list thanks to a 2.8 percent increase in the average household income for 2011. The estimated rates show that 42.5 percent of Camden’s residents fall below the country’s poverty line. [Reading Eagle]
- News: Report: Rob Andrews to Leave Congress
- News: Only 3 High School Students in Camden are “College Ready”
- The Scene: Which Blind Side Star was at the Rutgers/LEAP Alfredo Santiago Gala?
- News: Rutgers Prof Bashes Rolling Stone Camden Article
- Property: AM Headlines: Water Main Breaks, Camden Can’t Get a Break
- News: Rolling Stone Says Camden Is Apocalyptic