New Census data indicates that Camden is the most impoverished city in America. Reading had previously held the title of America’s Poorest City, but came in at sixth on the new list thanks to a 2.8 percent increase in the average household income for 2011. The estimated rates show that 42.5 percent of Camden’s residents fall below the country’s poverty line. [Reading Eagle]
- News: NYT: Camden Is Reviving Under New Police Force
- News: Riversharks to Host Sharknado Screening
- News: Firm May Get $260M in Tax Credits from Jersey
- News: Pulitzer Prize Winner Lifted from Inquirer
- News: Sixers Move to Camden Will Cost Philly $2 Million a Year
- News: We Talkin’ Practice — in Camden?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.