New Census data indicates that Camden is the most impoverished city in America. Reading had previously held the title of America’s Poorest City, but came in at sixth on the new list thanks to a 2.8 percent increase in the average household income for 2011. The estimated rates show that 42.5 percent of Camden’s residents fall below the country’s poverty line. [Reading Eagle]
- Property: Camden Is Called the Most Dangerous Suburb in the U.S.
- Foobooz: Cooper River Distillers Gets Go Ahead
- G Philly: New Project Seeks to Tell Camden’s LGBT History
- News: Breaking: Philadelphians Kind of Snotty About Camden
- News: Report: Rob Andrews to Leave Congress
- News: Only 3 High School Students in Camden are “College Ready”