On Thursday, the Philadelphia Zoo will unveil the first part of its plan to have one and a half miles of enclosed trails that will be put to use by numerous species. The final product—set to be completed by 2015—will include wide trails for hippos and rhinos to choose how they navigate their enclosed habitat. For now, though, the system of trails will be used for smaller animals. This year, monkeys will be able to travel through the trails to get to a jungle-gym that mirrors a jungle-gym outside of the trails where children can play. Basically, cancel all of your other plans because you should have your next birthday at the zoo because it’s going to be like playing Jumanji. [Inquirer]
- News: Philly Was the First City in America to Have Squirrels
- News: Some People Think We Have No Obligations to the Homeless
- News: Cheer Up, Philly: At Least Your Commutes Are Relatively Short
- News: Is it Wrong to Pay Alcoholics With Beer?
- News: Schuylkill Expressway to Be Slightly Less Lethal Come Christmas
- News: 21 Things Buzzfeed Says Philadelphians Are Afraid Of