On Thursday, the Philadelphia Zoo will unveil the first part of its plan to have one and a half miles of enclosed trails that will be put to use by numerous species. The final product—set to be completed by 2015—will include wide trails for hippos and rhinos to choose how they navigate their enclosed habitat. For now, though, the system of trails will be used for smaller animals. This year, monkeys will be able to travel through the trails to get to a jungle-gym that mirrors a jungle-gym outside of the trails where children can play. Basically, cancel all of your other plans because you should have your next birthday at the zoo because it’s going to be like playing Jumanji. [Inquirer]
- News: PGW Nightmare: Family Has Gas Shut Off Over “Secret” Gas Line
- News: Philly: Public Pool Capital of America
- News: 99 Percent of Philly Parking Tickets Are Perfectly Legit
- News: Amazon Same-Day Delivery Is Here
- News: Well, That’s One Way to Steal a Bike
- News: Train Geeks Freaking Out Over 30th Street Station Renaming
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.