Here’s what we saw during tonight’s Eagles-Bears game.
* Everything the Eagles did offensively worked Sunday night. They started the game on fire, scoring touchdowns on their first three possessions. After a poor punt by the Bears, the offense went 43 yards on six plays on its first drive. LeSean McCoy had a big 19-yard run, and Nick Foles found Riley Cooper in the back of the end zone for a 5-yard TD.
* The Eagles' second offensive possession came after Bradley Fletcher forced a fumble on the ensuing kickoff. Foles bought time, scrambled to his right and hit Zach Ertz for a 27-yard completion. McCoy then found the end zone from 1 yard out.
* On their third drive, Foles found Brent Celek for 24 yards off play-action. On a 4th-and-1 play, McCoy picked up 11. He then gained 16 yards on a screen. And Foles found Celek for a 10-yard TD.
* The onslaught continued in the second half. Foles found Riley Cooper wide open for a 32-yard completion, and McCoy got in the end zone from 1 yard out for his second touchdown. In the fourth, the Eagles put together a six-play, 70-yard drive, running the ball on every snap. Chris Polk scored from 10 yards out.
* Foles was as accurate as he's ever been, completing 21 of 25 passes for 230 yards and a pair of scores. McCoy carried 18 times for 133 yards. Bryce Brown picked up 115 yards on nine carries. He had a 65-yard TD in the fourth.
* Foles spread the ball around well. Five different receivers had at least three grabs. Celek led the team with 58 receiving yards. McCoy had a team-high six catches.
* Michael Vick and other backups came in with six-plus minutes left in the fourth quarter.
* The Eagles' defense came off its worst outing of the season against the Vikings and played perhaps its best game of the season, limiting a potent Bears offense to 11 points.
* They sacked Jay Cutler five times. Trent Cole got him three times and Mychal Kendricks twice. On Chicago's first drive, Cole ran over Matt Forte to bring Cutler down. Later, Cedric Thornton pressured Cutler, but Cole finished him off. And in the second half, Cole came flying over the line of scrimmage to take Cutler down.
* The Eagles' run defense continued to be good. Forte had 29 yards on nine carries. At halftime, he had just 8 yards on four attempts. Credit the defensive line. Fletcher Cox, Thornton and Bennie Logan all played well.
* Earl Wolff made his return, broke up a pass and nearly had an interception. But afterwards, he looked like he might have had an issue with his knee, and he didn't see the field again.
* Alshon Jeffery had a quiet six catches for 76 yards.. Brandon Marshall had four grabs for 36.
* In the third quarter, Thornton burst into the backfield and tackled Forte for a safety. In the fourth, Brandon Boykin jumped in front of a Cutler pass and returned it 54 yards for a touchdown.
* Cutler finished 20-for-35 for 222 yards, one TD and one INT.
* The Eagles take on the Cowboys in Dallas next Sunday night for the NFC East title.