We are a Quaker, coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school for students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, located in West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States. Our school was founded in 1799 by the Philadelphia Quakers, and we are the oldest continuously operating co-educational boarding school in the country. Our campus sits on 600 acres of land, including a 14-acre lake, an arboretum, and natural forest, and an instructional organic farm.
- Westtown School is fully accredited by the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
- U.S Department of Education Green Ribbon School
- EPA Green Power Partner & 4-Star Green Restaurant Dining Room
- LEED Gold Certified Science Building
- One of Niche’s Best Boarding High Schools in America
- Niche's Top 10 Best Private K-12 Schools in Pennsylvania
- Niche's Top 10 Best Boarding High Schools in Pennsylvania.
At Westtown School, we foster a culture of reflection and self-discovery in which students can ignite the unique spark that illuminates their passion and purpose. Inherent in our academically challenging, values-based education is the space and guidance for students to explore what compels and inspires them. We equip our graduates to lead lives of meaning and purpose.
Guided by the essential Quaker calling to seek out and honor that of God in each of us, Westtown School challenges its students to realize their individual gifts while learning and living together in a diverse community. Westtown inspires and prepares its graduates to be stewards and leaders of a better world.
- PreK - 12th Grade Inquiries/Admission - High School - Elementary School - Middle School - Boarding School - Pre-K-12th grade - Quaker Education - Private School - Independent School - Independent Day/Boarding - Challenging, Intentional, Experiential curricula - Innovative and Engaging Teaching Practices.