Spicy Corn Tomato Relish
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 5 large Jersey tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium scallions, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Or preheat a grill to medium heat. Grill the corn until just cooked or boil it for 5 to 7 minutes, until tender. Do not overcook.
Cut the corn from the cob and place it in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until chilled. Store in a tightly sealed plastic or glass container and refrigerate for up to 8 weeks.
Click for more recipes from Deborah Heart and Lung Center
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. ©Copyright Baldwin Publishing, Inc.