Ex-Penn Recreation Director Accused of Stealing Treadmills, Elliptical Machines

She was arrested in May, but the charges only surfaced after a Penn employee tipped off the student newspaper.

Amy Wagner, former director of recreation at Penn’s Pottruck Health and Fitness Center, was arrested last month at the gym. She has been charged with 24 counts of theft and forgery. She is accused of stealing treadmills and elliptical machines and selling them.

The arrest happened in May of last month, but was not made public until this week when a University employee tipped off The Daily Pennsylvanian. An administrative officer told the DP the school couldn’t comment on the arrest because it was “not public information.” Wagner was recreation director at Pottruck from 2007 to the time of her arrest; she is no longer employed by the University.

The source who tipped off the DP told the student newspaper it wasn't clear “how she was actually shipping the items.” Per a 2009 interview in the Penn Current, she holds a master's in exercise physiology from Temple.

She's scheduled to appear in court on July 7th.

[DP]

Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.

• MydikisLarge

She had an obvious drug problem.Penn never looked into her past,and as usual
    hid it as long as possible from the prying eyes of the public.Penn has the most ridiculous hiring practices i have ever heard of- Wife killers,Rapists, too many to list