According to some drink-per-month algorithm cooked up by The Daily Beast, Philadelphia is the 19th drunkest city in the country, and Boston is the drunkest. Two years ago, according to some how-many-DUIs and how-much-liver-disease algorithm cooked up by Men’s Health, Philadelphia was the 89th drunkest and Boston was the least drunk. At the risk of endorsing pseudoscientific slide shows, here are some more factoids from the Beast “study”: Each month, the average Philadelphian consumes 14.9 alcoholic drinks, while 14.7 percent of city dwellers are binge drinkers, and 3.2 percent are “heavy drinkers.” [The Daily Beast]
- News: Arctic Splash Cartons: Litter or Art (or Both)?
- News: The 8 Stinkiest Spots in Philly (Described With Emojis)
- Property: The Top 5 Things Smart Philly Residents Care About
- News: The Big List of the Worst Philly Lists of 2014
- News: Hey Philly, You’ll Never Guess Who Made the “Unhappiest Cities” List
- News: Believe It or Not: Philly Not a “Most-Stressed” City
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.