Morgan’s Pier opens for its second season on Thursday, May 9th. The award winning waterfront beer garden will feature live entertainment and George Sabatino in the kitchen. The Pier is aggressively aiming to be bigger and better this year.
The Food at Morgan’s Pier
Sabatino is crafting a series of menus that can be called “foodie picnic.” Fresh seafood snacks, bar bites, seasonal veggie dishes, sandwiches and daily-made chips dot the menu.
- Picnic Menu highlights include:
- “All Kinds Of Carrots” salad - shaved snap peas and ginger dressing
- Brown sugar-rubbed St. Louis-style ribs
- The burger (house-made American cheese, Thousand Islands dressing, available in two temps, pink or gray)
- Dishes are around $10 with vegetarian, vegan, kids, and late night dining options available.
- Morgan’s Pier will also offer a more traditional sit-down dining experience.
- Raised dining area can fit 100 guests.
- Reservations accepted.
- $30 prix fixe menu will be served.
- Dining Menu highlights include:
- Scallop Crudo with green tomato and blueberry dust
- Steamed Whole Fish - fennel + citrus salad, torn herbs, chili oil
- BBQ Pig - fresh sausage, cured belly, smoky ribs, pickles and condiments
- Communal seafood plates are also served for an additional $15, including the Soft Shell Crab with pickled bacon and watercress.
- Look for nightly dinner specials.
- Veggie Menu highlights:
- Cheesy Kale Croquettes with romesco sauce + aged cheddar
- BBQ Pulled Mushroom Buns - house tofu + cucumber salad
- Pulled BBQ Mushrooms - grilled romaine + gigi’s cucumber salad
- Also look for guest chefs to show up throughout the summer.
Drinks at Morgan’s Pier
- 14-drafts of All-American craft beer.
- Plus a variety of canned beer.
- Housemade sangria.
- Summer cocktails will also be available.
- Wine by glass or bottle.
Entertainment at Morgan’s Pier
- Different DJ every week night.
- Free concert by R5 Productions every Wednesday.
- Concert series runs June 5th through August 28th.
- Cold Cave
- Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
- We Were Promised Jetpacks
- Weekends will featured DJs from around the world, presented by Making Time.
- Simian Mobile Disco
- Plastic Plates
- Claude Von Stroke
- Morgan’s Pier Calendar of Events
Also new for 2013 is the Crow’s Nest, which will feature the best views of the waterfront.