Apple and Cranberry Cobbler
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 8 slices each
- 2 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup no calorie sweetener
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Oat Topping (see recipe below)
Oat Topping | Makes 2 cups
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 1/4 cup no calorie sweetener
- 4 Tbsp butter and margarine blend, chilled/cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
In a medium-size bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and sugar substitute. Stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a food processor, add the margarine blend, and process until the texture becomes crumbly. With a wooden spoon, stir in the walnuts. Use immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray twelve ramekins or one 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, sugar substitute, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared ramekins (or place in the baking dish). Top each ramekin with 2 1/2 Tbsp of the oat topping (or spread all of the topping over the baking dish).
Place the ramekins (or baking dish) on a baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the filling starts to bubble. Serve warm.
Click for more recipes from Deborah Heart and Lung Center
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. ©Copyright Baldwin Publishing, Inc.