I’ve lost more than my fair share of keys while running. Even though I always make sure to buy shorts and pants with pockets, I’ve found that unless the pockets have a zipper closure, they’re not 100 percent reliable.
So instead of replacing all my gear, I wanted to see if there were ways to get creative with key storage. Here are the best tricks the Internet has to offer.
1. Tie them to your shoelace. [via Samantha Menzies]
2. Tie them to your wrist with a hair rubber band. [via Live Laugh Eat]
3. Store them in your sports bra (especially easy if your sports bra has a pocket). [via JoeyBra]
4. Stash them behind your iPod in your arm band. [via Engadget]
5. Carry a water bottle with a pocket, and put them in the pocket. [via Ultimate Direction]
6. Make a key scrunchie. [via Healthy Tipping Point]
7. Tie them into the string of your pants. [via RunnerDude's Blog]
8. Get a GoKey bracelet (neat!). [via GoKey]
9. Pin them to your shorts using a secure-locking diaper safety pin. [via Etsy]
10. If you’ve only got one key, invest in taller, tight-fitting socks and store it in one of the socks. [via Nike]