6 First Friday Picks for March: PhiladelphiaBURNOUT, Brian Keeler, The Poetics of Cartography and More
by Hannah Feinberg | March 5, 2014 1:34 pm
Artists' House's collaborative March exhibition, "On the Edge: Looking with New Eyes" features work from over 20 artists working in various media to fulfill a theme of tradition tinged with the unexpected. 6:30 p.m., 57 North 2nd Street.
Asian Arts Initiative
As part of an ongoing series from AAI, "PARTICIPATE" welcomes Friday's gallery goers to interact with the community oriented program and cultivate their own creativity. The theme of the evening is "Welcome," a key component of their 20th anniversary programming. 6 p.m., 1219 Vine Street.
Bonnie Mettler's new exhibition, "My Racial Ignorance," highlights the artist's growing awareness of racial inequality, as told through her discovery and exploration of the 1954 murder of Emmett Till. 5 p.m., 52 North 2nd Street.
3rd Street Gallery
"PhiladelphiaBURNOUT" reads like the decline of a city that could. Philadelphia artist John James Pron exhibits disillusionment with our "burnout" city, and offers a glimmer of hope for its future. 5 p.m., 58 North 2nd Street.
Rodger LaPelle Galleries
Rodger Lapelle Galleries debuts a Brian Keeler exhibit. Keeler has featured work throughout the Northeast and is admired for his category defying realsim — sometimes hyper, sometimes acedemic, sometimes impressionist. 6 p.m., 122 North 3rd Street.
Yell Gallery hosts works from Emily Erb, Joel Chartkoff, Alina Josan, Dan Surely and Shawn Thorton in the exhibition "Inclusion/Exclusion: The Poetics of Cartography." Ambient music will be provided by Tim Leonido. 6 p.m., 2111 East Susquehanna Avenue.
- Artists' House: https://www.facebook.com/events/357613941046077/?previousaction=join&source=1
- On the Edge: Looking with New Eyes: http://artistshouse.com/upcoming-exhibitions/
- Asian Arts Initiative: http://asianartsinitiative.org/
- PARTICIPATE" : http://asianartsinitiative.org/event/participate-asian-arts-initiatives-20th-anniversary-exhibition
- Muse Gallery: http://www.musegalleryphiladelphia.com/
- My Racial Ignorance: http://www.musegalleryphiladelphia.com/exhibitions/bonnie-mettler/my-racial-ignorance
- 3rd Street Gallery: http://www.3rdstreetgallery.com/
- PhiladelphiaBURNOUT: http://www.3rdstreetgallery.com/exhibitions/2013/solo-show-7
- Rodger LaPelle Galleries: http://www.rodgerlapellegalleries.com/exhibitions
- debuts a Brian Keeler exhibit: http://www.rodgerlapellegalleries.com/exhibitions
- Yell Gallery: http://www.yellgallery.com/
- Inclusion/Exclusion: The Poetics of Cartography: https://www.facebook.com/events/414600525340884/
Source URL: https://www.phillymag.com/ticket/2014/03/05/first-friday/
Copyright ©2018 Philadelphia Magazine unless otherwise noted.