Here’s How You Can Be an Extra in the New “Rocky” Film
You’re only an email away from being an extra in the upcoming Rocky spinoff, Creed — and you don’t have to be a professional actor or, as we reported several weeks ago, a fire-breather or ring girl, to be cast.
- Your name
- Phone number with area code
- Height, weight, “and all of your sizes”
- If you have a car, the make, model, year and color
- A .jpg picture of yourself
- A resume in .pdf format
- If you’re “union” (i.e., a professional actor), your SAG- AFTRA number
One important piece of advice from the trade: Never, ever pay an organization that claims they’ll get you cast. That’s non-legitimate and usually a good way to scam yourself out of a few hundred bucks. If anything, agencies should be paying you for your work (although sometimes, extra work is non-paid).
You will, of course, be throwing your hat in with hundreds of other interested Rocky fans, so you may very well not get any call back or acknowledgement. However, if you do get cast, imagine the great cocktail party discussion you’ll be able to strike up down the road.
“I was in the new Rocky film … ”
* Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story included Mike Lemon Casting as one of two agencies casting for Creed; a Lemon representative has since informed us that the company is not affiliated with the production. Heery Casting is the only agency casting for the film.