The Most Stylish People We Know Wear … Sequined Pants
I’ve been a girly-girl since as long as I can remember, and my love of all things sparkly and shiny will never fade. For this reason alone, I cannot wait for the holidays. The parties, the presents, the merriment – it all practically begs for you to take your most shiny, shimmery, sequined things for a spin. (Who doesn’t love sequins?)
This year, my favorite version of shimmer is in the form of pants. Loose-fitting, high-waisted, cropped, leggings or joggers — there are a million iterations of sparkly pants out there right now. And you need at least one of them in your life.
But how to wear them in a classy, cool, ain’t-no-thing kind of way? There’s a delicate balance here. You don’t want to reach pageant-dress-sequin level, nor should it appear as though you’ve stolen the pants from your 13-year-old cousin. A few tips:
- Let your party pants shine! Don’t take away from their moment of glory by piling on more sparkle elsewhere in your outfit. Choose a solid top, simple tee, casual button-down or a structured jacket.
- Dress them up with heels and a bold lip for your holiday office soiree.
- Wear them to cocktail hour or a date instead of a boring LBD. You’ll be the coolest girl in the room. (And your legs won’t be cold!)
- Keep it casual with skate shoes and an oversized, chunky sweater or chambray shirt. Who says New Year’s is the only time you can wear these bad boys?
- Be confident! It’s gutsy to step out of the house bedazzled from the waist down, but these pants are totally worth it. (See #6.)
- Roll your eyes at that one sarcastic uncle who is bound to throw a “Nice pants” comment your way. They are nice pants. They’re great pants.