Shop Like a Men’s Style Blogger at These 5 Philly Stores
Some local favorite shopping spots from Sabir Peele of Men's Style Pro.
Local blogger Sabir Peele of Men’s Style Pro is no newcomer to the city’s fashion scene. For the past five years, he’s been all across the country working photo shoots, hosting style parties, and representing major brands – and then bringing everything he’s seen and learned back here to Philly. Sabir’s sartorial signature is one of the most refined in the city (as evidenced here), so when he gave us his five favorite stores for men’s style in this city, we had to share (in no particular order).
- Joan Shepp: No one brings an elevated shopping experience to Philly quite like Joan Shepp. This store is Center City’s destination for luxury designer brands like Y-3 and Comme des Garçons. “I’m so happy that Joan Shepp is right here now because of the high end stuff they carry,” says Sabir, “especially for people who don’t think Philly has that high-end market.” 1811 Chestnut Street, Rittenhouse; 215-735-2666.
- Lapstone & Hammer: Aside from the sweeping, airy architecture within, according to Sabir, “It’s like the heaven of menswear. The guys there are great; the selection is cool.” With hard-to-come-by brands like PF Flyers and Naked and Famous Denim mixed in with a back room art gallery featuring local artists, and a sneaker wall holding “every Jordan you could ever want,” this store is much more than a quick shopping stop. Plus, it was featured in our Best of Philly issue for best new men’s store! 1106 Chestnut Street, Market East; 215-592-9166.
- Tobox Shoes: Owners Tung and Dai, a very stylish and friendly married couple, have an interesting, high-quality shoe selection, as well as sharp briefcases, luxe gloves and dapper socks. Tobox has “great accessories, a good vibe, and great whiskey if you go by to hang out,” says Sabir. 25 South 19th Street, Rittenhouse; 215-644-9435.
- P’s and Q’s: “This store has undergone an evolution of sorts in the past few years, from streetwear to a more refined menswear vibe,” says Sabir. They carry brands like Gant Rugger (premium quality button-ups), Penfield (stylish outerwear), and Tretorn (casual throwback shoes), which Sabir describes as “wearables for everyone.” 820 South Street, Washington Square West; 215-592-0888.
- Boyds: There’s no doubt that Boyds is the heritage brand of Philadelphia. However, Sabir loves them for the new direction they’re headed. “They’re trying, and really starting, to cater to the younger shopper,” with brands like Balmain and Belstaff (leather jacket heaven). Not to miss: Custom suits starting at $795 by Strong Suit. 1818 Chestnut Street, Rittenhouse; 215-564-9000.