Shop Talk: The Only Nail Polish Colors You Need This Fall
Read with coffee: Five beauty and style headlines to know this a.m.
- Every time I go to the nail salon, I find myself panicking as I try to pick out colors, especially now that it’s fall. Do I go vampy burgundy, or is that too cliché? Are bright colors out now that it’s cold? The answer is, well, no and no. To illustrate, here are the nine manis you need to try this fall. [The Zoe Report]
- When you’re planning this year’s Halloween costume, be sure to stick to the makeup brands you know and love. A recent study shows many cheapie Halloween makeup products contain harmful ingredients known to cause rashes, irritation, and allergic reactions. Yikes! [Byrdie]
- Another day, another article purporting to list the most popular Halloween costumes by state. While yesterday’s poll had Pennsylvania going for mermaids (huh?), this one – based on Google searches – says our state favors Pope costumes. (Side note: there’s a strong possibility that this was skewed by His Holiness’ recent Philly visit, or the #PopeBaby. Also: Virginia wins, hands down.) [Huffington Post]
- There are lots of bogus products claiming to cure hangovers, the most shameless of which are coming out of the beauty industry. So one editor took on the boozy challenge of seeing if these hangover beauty products actually work to clear that morning-after splotchy, dull, drained skin. The surprise? Every single one worked like magic. [Refinery29]
- The change of seasons always make me want to clean out my life and set order to everything for some reason. This year, I vow that my jewelry cannot be an exception to that life-wide cleanup. Here’s how to clean every piece of jewelry you own without spending a ton on expensive cleaners – turns out, you don’t even need them! [PureWow]