Shop Talk: 4 Easy Ways to Break In Your New Boots
Read with coffee: The five style headlines you need to know this a.m.
- We all know that new-shoe drama: elation at that amazing pair you just bought; can’t wait to wear them out; instant blisters within five minutes; never want to wear them again. It’s tragic, really. To make sure this never happens again, check out these really easy tips on how to gently break in new boots, like stretching them out with some rolled-up towels overnight, or wearing them around the house with extra-thick socks. [SheFinds]
- Always on the hunt for style hacks, we found yet another fall layering tip that will update your fall wardrobe without spending a dime. Save your summery bustiers and tube tops from their inevitable summer-clothes-bin-in-the-basement fate. Instead, layer those fitted tops over button-ups for a fresh, unexpected new look. See this awesome slideshow for inspo. [Refinery29]
- Fall is officially in full swing, so we found the perfect outfits to wear to your most autumnal activities. Don’t be the millionth girl in a flannel and leggings at the pumpkin patch; instead, stand out as the sartorial cutie we know you really are. [The Zoe Report]
- Feeling crafty? This adorable denim DIY shows you how to make two skirts from one thrifted ’90s treasure that are totally updated and on trend (not to mention easy to create). Scalloped denim mini, anyone? So cute. [PopSugar]
- Finally, it is with great happiness that I introduce the biggest beauty trend to come out of fashion month: your own damn hair (as The Cut so perfectly put it). Backstage, styling was all about enhancing the models’ individual hair, rather than creating an “army of clones” to come down the runway. Basically, let your hair do it’s natural thing, and then come in with some discreet styling to make it look polished. [The Cut]