Shop Talk: 7 Burning Men’s Style Questions, Answered!
Read with coffee: Five style headlines to know this morning.
- Navigating the rules of men’s style is a tricky thing: Should you wear a winter coat over a suit? Are lightweight men’s scarves douchey? Here are smart answers to the top seven questions of sartorially minded guys, including whether or not it’s okay to tuck your pants into your boots (only if it’s particularly slushy out there). [Wall Street Journal]
- Crazy moves in the fashion world: After Alexander Wang’s departure, Balenciaga has hired a new creative director. The choice? Young Georgian designer Demna Gvasalia, the sudden fashion star and founder of Paris-based Vêtements. (By the way, if you aren’t familiar with this two-year-old line, check out its Instagram account now.) [WWD]
- It’s not quite cold, not completely hot, which can find anyone in a bit of a style conundrum. For inspiration and ideas, click through every single photo (there are 141 of them, all worth seeing) of the best street style from Paris fashion week. [The Cut]
- Pat McGrath, undisputed queen of makeup artistry, has finally launched her own product, a gold-foil powder that looks amaaaaazing on eyes, lips and skin. The makeup is limited-edition (only 1,000 units are being made!) and will be available on her site later this month. My suggestion: Sign up for ‘priority access’ here for first dibs.[Lipstick]
- Over-the-knee boots are huge for fall, but fashion’s go-to versions, like Stuart Weitzman’s 5050, will set you back $655. Here are 10 great OTK options, all under $250. [Rank & Style]