Market Report: The Shockingly Affordable Shoe Line Fashion’s Top Buyers and Editors Wear
Sam Edelman for the win.
- Not all fashion bigwigs line their shoe closets with Louboutin and Blahnik. The VP of global buying for fashion’s most luxurious e-commerce site, Net-a-Porter, revealed that nearly every woman who works there wears Sam Edelman shoes. Yep, the Sam Edelman shoes you can find in your local mall for under $200. [Net-a-Porter]
- The guys behind fashion line Public School are the industry’s new darlings, but the duo is also killing it in the beauty sphere. The twisted, helix-like ponytails they showed at their spring/summer 2016 runway show (yep, we’re already there, guys) are next-level cool. And surprisingly easy to do! [Byrdie]
- Though I have a love-hate relationship with skinny jeans (read about it here), they apparently come in handy sometimes, like in the case of a recent attempted mugging in New York. The story reads like an Onion article: Two muggers tried to steal an iPhone from a man’s jeans, but the pants were so tight they couldn’t get a hand in the pocket. [New York Post]
- And just like skinny jeans, distressed denim will never really go out of style. But just because your pair has a hole (or five) in ’em doesn’t mean you can’t make them look sophisticated. Here are 10 great ways to style ripped jeans. And yes, they can be worn for evening! [People]
- There’s nothing better than buying a new day planner, even if we’re still months away from January 1st. I’ve seen a ton so far, and this just-launched trio of day planners is probably my favorite. Hey, never too early to start organizing, right? [A Beautiful Mess]