Market Report: The Non-Fashion Editor’s Guide to Following New York Fashion Week
Why this year's NYFW is a game-changer.
- New York Fashion Week kicks off today, and this year it’s a whole new animal. Here’s everything you need to know about the new NYFW and why you should be really, really excited about it. (Hint: New on-demand fashion channel, live-streamed runway shows, behind-the-scenes documentaries, yes.) [The New York Times]
- In an unprecedented high-fashion move, Givenchy is opening its doors to the public for this year’s runway show at NYFW. Apparently it’s only a matter of time before this becomes the industry norm, which we fully support. [Washington Post]
- Apple Watch just collaborated with Hermès, taking luxury retail to a whole new level, and the leather bands are gorgeous. [Hermès]
- Men’s tuxedo rentals are getting a much-needed facelift, thanks to The Black Tux, a Cali-based startup that ships a gorgeous, fitted Italian tux right to your doorstep – for less than the leading manufacturers. Step aside, Men’s Wearhouse; tapered dress pants for all! [Tech Crunch]
- Got some extra St. Tropez lying around? Check out this new way to contour using sunless tanner that’s actually kind of genius. (Warning: May be a little intense for amateurs.) [Zoe Report]