The 10 Best Philly Shops on Etsy
Etsy, an online marketplace for artists to sell their wares, can be an overwhelming place to maneuver (too many weird watercolors and oddball earrings). And while researching this post, I was reminded Just. How. Many. Etsy shops there are. But there are hidden gems out there; you just need to know where to look. We culled, browsed and pared down the glut of Etsy shops to narrow down the best of the best. So, here you go: a cheat sheet to the 10 best Philly-based Etsy shops. You’re welcome.
1. TheVintageHuntress // This bohemian vintage shop is a gold mine for back-in-style fringe and authentic embroidery. Think: the original Free People.
2. StitchesAndSoles // We’re positively smitten with these teeny-tiny baby moccasins. The soft-soled shoes come in a bevy of hues including metallics and suedes and are made-to-order.
3. Geography541 // We love local jewelry designer Madeline Tolle’s carefully woven pendants and dreamy color schemes.
4. PegandAwl // A dry good haven, Peg and Awl is our go-to for canvas bags with vintage leather accents, hand-bound journals and decoupage that’s insanely cool.
5. PhillyLoveNotes // These customizable wooden maps of Philly neighborhoods are the perfect purchase to show hometown pride. Plus, all the money raised from the project will aid the rebranding and redesign of the Philly Love Notes website.
6. ViaMelinda // This shop’s whimsical home accents (think: ottomans, pillows and poufs) are ideal for updating your home.
7. ZolaJewelryObjects // Shop Zola Jewelry Objects for colorful catchalls, geometric wall hangings and necklaces made with quirky beads.
8. BriarVintage // In addition to Instagram, Old City men’s vintage shop Briar Vintage also frequently restocks its Etsy page. That means it’s ideal for finding specific measurements. Psst: They also give great styling suggests on the product pages.
9. ABJglassworks // Here, glass terrariums and jewelry display boxes look like artwork on their own. Each piece is handmade-to-order in Philly and crafted with eco-friendly lead-free solder.
10. MillayVintage // This darling vintage shop is superbly organized and carefully curated. They stock lots of feminine throwback pieces like blush colored robes and velvet bolero jackets.