Market Report: Fashion Controversy—Would You Call a Size 10 “Plus Size”?
What the style world is buzzing about now.
- The latest fashion move to stir up controversy: Calvin Klein used a “plus-size” model in its latest ad campaign. What people are having trouble swallowing: She’s only a size 10. [The Cut]
- Taylor Swift appeared on the cover of Wonderland magazine with dark eyebrows and an even darker spray tan. Weird skin color aside, this new—edgier—look is so good. [Wonderland]
- Here’s an unexpected, but surprisingly amazing, place to shop for your winter coats: outdoor outfitter stores. Seriously, the pics prove it. [Vogue]
- Tracee Ellis Ross’s hair on Black-ish, Mindy Kaling’s manis on The Mindy Project: Here are hair and makeup trends to steal from fall’s best shows. [Glamour]
- Bad news for the “three As” of teen retail, Abercrombie, American Eagle and Aeropostale: They’re all in serious trouble, and the future is looking bleaker by the day. It begs the question: Will stores geared towards teens go away for good? [Business of Fashion]