Market Report: How Your Pillowcase Is Ruining Your Hair
The fashion and style headlines you need to start your week.
- Happy Monday! Did you know pillowcases can cause hair breakage? This silk pillowcase prevents it, and evenpromises to counteract aging while you sleep. [AHALife]
- This morning, luxe fashion site Net-a-Porter sold $200,000 of this Karl Lagerfeld Barbie. The Barbies are sold out, but if you desperately want one, you can get one on eBay starting at $900. [Fashionista]
- Unless you live on another planet, you know that the incredibly smart and beautiful Amal Amuddin got married this weekend. (You might also know her groom, George Clooney.) Here are three of her hair, makeup and manicure moments from the wedding weekend that you need to copy, like, now. [Glamour]
- The story of how Madewell—a New England workwear company started in 1937—became Madewell, the American-heritage-esque sister store of J.Crew, is actually quite sad. This article by the original founder’s great-granddaughter is a must-read. [Buzzfeed]
- Don’t even pretend you don’t love Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. Here are 21 rare pics of them. Go on and be inspired. [WhoWhatWear]