Market Report: 6 Old-Lady Style Tricks to Steal (Really!)
The style headlines to start your week.
- Happy Monday, Shoppists! Let’s kick things off with six awesome style tricks that you need to steal from grandmom. Here’s proof that a jogging suit can look awesome on the under-70 set, too. [Refinery29]
- Kelly Osborne is launching her first fashion line with HSN. It’s called Stories … By Kelly Osborne (ellipsis for added drama, I suppose?), and it launches on September 25th. Let’s take a look at it now, shall we? [WWD]
- Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later: Mattel is launching three collections of Barbie-inspired clothing, which will sell at Forever 21, Wildfox and Lord & Taylor this fall. [Daily Mail]
- Banana Republic is crossing its fingers and hoping that new creative director Marissa Webb can do a Jenna Lyons-like revamp of the brand. Will it work? Take a look at #thenewBR (the company’s hashtag) and see for yourself. [Fashionista]
- Ohmygod. Glamorous gypsy singer Stevie Nicks is holding a contest to design her a shawl. The winner gets $2,000, and photographic evidence that this magic shawl did in fact grace Stevie’s shoulders. [The Cut]